Wednesday 23 September 2015

#Stoptober



The time is almost upon us once more and it's time for thousands of us to grit our teeth and take the plunge to stop smoking this October. It will be hard, no one is denying that, but it will be so worth it! 
I quit smoking just over a year ago after smoking for just under 6 years. Although I enjoyed smoking it had become a crutch and I had had enough so I decided to stop, no matter what it took. I'm not going to sugar coat it, it was bloody hard work and some days I just wanted to cry. But a year on I can safely say that it was the best decision I have ever made. 

I no longer get out of breath after two minutes of cardio, I don't spend all my wages on stupid little sticks and I no longer have to stand outside in the rain when everyone else is cosy and warm inside. More than that I have significantly improved my internal health and am no longer putting myself at risk. 

The NHS is running Stoptober again this year to try and help thousands of people to give up for good. They say that by stopping for 28 days, you are 5 times more likely to give up smoking for good. If you sign up now, they will send you a free stop smoking pack to help you on your way. Pledge to stop smoking starting the 1st of October for 28 days and you could improve your energy levels, your life expectancy and your sex drive! Now who would say no to that! 

Here's the link to get you started: Smoke Free

Good Luck! And let me know how you get on.
Lottie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment